20060521

Attention People... and Salute!

C.I.R. Press Editorial

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Why not make note of something that seems to have not been covered by a single other source than AFIS. Lefties out there, you have the right to do so... but I'd prefer you not call this propaganda just because it was organized by the govt. How do you not cover this? Well we here at C.I.R. have. And so the 10-20 readers we have will know, mdconservative and I beg you to mention it on your blogs.
-CIRDeputy

Nation, Families Take Moment to Remember, Honor the Fallen
By Samantha L. Quigley
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, May 21, 2006 – More than 1,000 families and friends of servicemembers killed in Afghanistan and Iraq gathered near the Washington Monument for "A Time of Remembrance" today.
PLEASE READ ON...



[UPDATE:] I was working and unable to personally attend, however I decided to check with a few sources. NONE were able to confirm that Congressman Murtha was present to pay his respects. ('Tis a double-edged sword Mr. Murtha, where were you? Being the most connected and “for the troops” guy.)

Additonal:
White House Commission on Remembrance
The Free Lance Star, Washington Times, Washington Post (While I am glad to see it is now being covered I am amazed that within MOMENTS the photos and stories of Barbaro, the horse hurt for those living on the moon, hit every site...yet it took a day for a scheduled event of 1000+ family and supporters of those who gave their life for the country to break.)