20070206

"My good friend from..."

C.I.R. Press Editorial

UNDISCLOSED – I sat today watching the debate on the Senate floor on C-SPAN around 1600hrs. Senator McConnell and Senator Reid went after one another regarding this pathetic attempt by the democrats to shove legislation down the republican’s throats. I was amused by this constant "my good friend" from Reid, I guess that is the diplomats way of saying "go f- yourself." I was having a hard time keeping a straight face with the number of times Reid was saying over and over “we support the troops.” He just couldn’t stop. You know it reminded me of how it tends to be the guy that always brags about his manhood or has to buy an expensive sports car and make sure all know about it. It is usually because such a person is over-compensating. And that is what the left was doing on the floor today.

I finally decided to change the channel and wasn’t going to bother writing a piece about it, but then a moment before my finger hit the button… I heard “We support the troops, we support the troops, we support the troops, everyone knows that” like it was the chorus of a song. And it was none other than Senator Prick Durbin. At that very moment I was stuck between throwing a heavy object at the TV, or laughing. I chose the latter.

“…you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime — Pol Pot or others — that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.”

That is supporting the troops DICK? Support you arrogant jackass? You support the troops as much as I supported Senator Kerry for President. In other words I got on my knees and prayed for him to lose every single night! Oh I know no one on that side of the aisle “wants the troops to lose.” Durbin you prick. Did you not want the Soviets to lose? Did you not want the Nazis to lose? I should hope so, so if the troops are no different then YOU WANT THEM TO LOSE!

It was at this time I believe that Senator McCain came to the floor. I am not an avid fan of the Senator but he is a patriot of patriots regardless of what you make of his politics. He handed Reid his ass making the point that one is to contend you disagree with the policy but want to stand and say you still support the troops, how is that possible? Maybe the average American is in that category and I respect that, it is only every few Novembers that they have a real say. This is not true of sitting federal politicians. If ending the war and keeping the troops out of harms way is concern number one. Vote… a BINDING ONE! I urge all on the left and right to be a real man/woman and stop playing politics with the military. If you are not for doing what it takes to win (including the new surge) then go on record and vote to cut funds. Take a real stance not this non-binding garbage.

Why did I have to mention his name, no quicker I say it than the Yellow Heart Kerry plops his long depressing face on the floor. He took a nice jab at McCain and then went on to repeat the left’s talking points. However, he himself admitted that his conscience was not clear and that he had blood on his hands. I do agree with one thing he said: "The troops over there are tougher than anyone in this room." You are correct Senator.

-md

Technorati Tags: , ,

Labels: ,