20060329

The last straw. UPDATED, again, on April 2nd!





C.I.R. Press Editorial

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- You know I rarely stray from military related topics, this was close enough and I was able to bind it to the Commander-in-Chief. I have just viewed a photo that has forever made me determine that the kids out in California are not only stupid, but worse, disrespectful. And what they did was in gross violation of the Federal Flag Code.

SEC. 4 That no disrespect should be shown to the flag the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
I have little to no emotion in "my cold republican military mindset heart" for those students that did this to the flag.

Simple... The US Flag is always the largest or same in size to any other flag on display, it shall always be flown at higher or equal height, and not upside down. I suggest the President deem this action a capital offense and have these students executed. Is that too far? Yes, do I mean it in my heart? I am not sure, but I cannot answer no. You lefties have nothing to worry about, you think!

SEC. 8 Any rule or custom pertaining to the display of the flag of the United States of America, set forth herein, may be altered, modified, or repealed, or additional rules with respect thereto may be prescribed, by the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, whenever he deems it to be appropriate or desirable; and any such alteration or additional rule shall be set forth in proclamation.


It is ok, since the Flag Code is never enforced in a law enforcement manner. Maybe it is time. Yes in this case, I have thrown the 1st Amendment out the damn window. Am I coming off psycho, I am very sure of that. But they were not in distress, they were slacker students that wanted to be in the sun not the classroom.
(pardon my French)
Go fuck yourselves and move the hell out of the country you so distaste!

-md

[UPDATED ON 20060401]

Colorado’s Skyline High School has banned the display of the US flag on school property!

You are no longer allowed to have the flag on campus!!! I think the apocalypse has arrived. Courts find it legal to burn the flag as freedom of speech, but now treating it with respect is not allowed. Who are these jackasses that come up with this? Well, if you like... copy and paste to your email and give them a piece of your mind (this is the administration, found on the site but email ready here):

stumpf_thomas@stvrain.k12.co.us, lundquist_judy@stvrain.k12.co.us, dillow_patrick@stvrain.k12.co.us, bakel_diane @stvrain.k12.co.us, mckie_randy@stvrain.k12.co.us

-md

[UPDATED ON 20060402]

"The ban includes T-shirts and other clothing that have replicas of the flags. At least for now, it also includes Mexican or American flags flown from the antennas of cars parked on school property." (Link to article)

You must be joking! Nothing that looks like the flag? That school should be burnt to the ground and any administration that was involved in this decision should be jailed. I mean this is actually insane, I call many things "insane", but this really is insane!

I wish I was back in highschool for a bit. I would march my patriotic ass in there dressed as Uncle Sam and waving the largest flag I could. If they wanted me gone, they would have to arrest me. The next day I would do the same exact thing.

I would have a GIGANTIC flag pole on my car. I'd park on the closest public street and run a flag up for all to see.

I actually find it offensive for him to continue to fly the US flag in front of the school! Why? If it is not allowed anywhere else on the property by students, even on t-shirts... flying the flag is a sham to make sure he doesn't get in trouble. With his logic isn't that "offensive" to the Hispanics?
He is flying a flag that represents the opposite of what he is allowing, or should I say prohibiting, behind it.

Does the church down the street run an abortion clinic in their baptistery?

Kudos to the students that walked out, they should do so until the ban is ended. He is a horrible principle if he is unable to find some other way to prevent "the violence" than to blame an inanimate object and some patriotic kids. I hate to give him a history lesson but this country is what it is because we "waved our flag in the faces" of others. Francis Scott Key did a little thing talking about how "the flag was still there." Why? For us and the British to see!

I went to a private school, but we had "minority students." Guess what, when there was a problem related to race: every class was canceled and we had meetings in the auditorium. We actually figured out what was behind the issues. If he doesn't do that, the violence he speaks of will still continue. If it is a racism problem, taking flags and shirts away doesn't change anyone’s actual skin color.

You are in America, fly the flag and fly it with pride and accept its meaning. If the students want to wave the flag let them. It is not your flag. The Stars and Stripes belong to every single American, and by taking away the right for students to show the flag you are stealing from them! (Sometimes I wish McCarthy was around. I would love to get his opinion on this.)

-md