20070225

60 Minutes History of Troop Disdain

C.I.R. Press Editorial

WASHINGTON, D.C.
– Tonight we will reportedly be seeing a piece on 60 Minutes that tries to undermine the war effort by using a group of soldiers who are calling for an end to the war as a representative of the entire military Just recently I was involved in a debate where mudkitty was using numbers from a Military Times poll trying to make the same point. However I will (unlike her) give you the link so all can see the good and bad.
Military Times Poll.

In this poll it also has this little kernel: “But they are convinced the media hate them — only 39 percent of military respondents said they think the media have a favorable view of the troops.”

Well this leads me to my video evidence (h/t Newsbusters). You will see two clips that I ask you to watch in order. In the first you will hear the 60 minutes star Mike Wallace with his contention that lives are NOT more important than the story, yes even American servicemen. Lives being lost actually are the story. (1:40 is the most important question and answer.)

Now that you are thoroughly disgusted look at the response from a military eye.

“BUT I’LL DO IT!” The military would risk lives to save people all around the world even journalists, even though most journalists would not extend the same helping hand. I did some of my first posts on this topic follow these links: 1, 2, 3, 4 These are the stories I really started this blog for. The ones where the military is a God when the media is pulling in good ratings, but they are nothing short of the enemy when things change. It makes me physically ill.

Technorati Tags:

Labels: , , , , ,